Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Santuary is Tainted... Again...


Wombat: "This rabbit population thing is getting out of hand."

Bunny: "Well don't blame me!"

Wombat: "Who said anything about you?"

Bunny: "I know you were thinking it... You are-"

(Suddenly a large Rainbow appears in the Sky)

Wombat: "God Damnit..."

(A Unicorn Prances across the Rainbow, which stops nearby the Bunny and Wombat. A Pony follows behind the Unicorn.)

Pony: "Hey Bunny!"

Bunny: "Hey Pony!"

Wombat: "I thought this place was a santuary! Get out now and stop filling it with your happiness! Oh now look what you've done now!"

(Points at a newly bloomed flower at the base of the Rainbow)

Unicorn: "It isn't a poisonous flower..."

Pony: "Yea! Be nice to it!"

Bunny: "The Wombat isn't a very nice animal today..."

Wombat: "Don't you know what you are doing to this place?! Every time someone comes to this place something bad happens."

Bunny: "Like what?"

Wombat: "I don't know. You just wait. Something is bound to happen..."

Bunny: "Hey, Unicorn and Pony, want to come find the Platypus with me? She ran away after Wombat blew up the Avocado with his .22 S&W."

Unicorn: "Sure. I've got nothing better to do."

Pony: "I wonder if there are any other animals here?"

Wombat: "No, just me and Bunny."

Bunny: "And a few Rabbits."

Wombat: "Oh yea, almost forgot to mention the rabbits. Don't touch them or they explode into a bloody mess that sets off a chain reaction of self-exploding rabbits if the guts of one hits another. Very gruesome."

Pony: "What?!"

Unicorn: "Sweet. I'll have to try that sometime. For now, lets just find the Platypus."

Bunny: "You guys go ahead, I'll catch up."

Pony: "Ok! Hurry up though or we will find the Platypus without you!"

(The Unicorn and Pony prance off to find the Platypus)

Bunny: "What were you talking about just earlier?"

Wombat: "About the rabbits? Yea, kinda weird... They seem to have this look in their eyes when-"

Bunny: "No no, the thing about 'You just wait. Something is bound to happen...' remember?"

Wombat: "Oh yea. Well I have been here for a while now and no one has ever entered the Grove without me letting them in until now. First you show up, which wasn't that bad. I was lonely anyway. Then the Platypus and the Avocado arrive (that pissed me off) and now a Unicorn breeches the mystic barriers?! What is this world coming to?!"

Bunny: "I didn't know this place was that special."

Wombat: "This use to be the home of the rabbits, did you know that?"

Bunny: "No! You mean rabbits actually-"

(Wombat holds up a hand, sensing something)

Wombat: "Something is approaching the door."

Bunny: "The what?"

Wombat: "Follow me."

(They travel for a while until they reach a single tree growing in the Grove. The Wombat presses his head against the trunk of the tree as if listening for something...)

Bunny: "What are you doing?"

Wombat: "God damnit..."

(The Wombat pulls on a nob in the trees trunk, which opens a hidden door. Without warning a Teddy Bear, Wolf, and Gerbil all pop out of the newly formed hole in the tree landing in a heap.)

Wolf: "Did we make it?"

Teddy Bear: "I don't know..."

Gerbil: "I think I lost my Ger-balls..."

(The Wombat glares furiously at them.)

Wombat: "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?! I DID NOT WANT A PLOT TO FORM IN THIS STORY! GET OUT BEFORE SOMETHING EXCITING HAPPENS OR MORE ANIMALS SEE YOU!"

Bunny: "Too late..."

(The Pony and Unicorn come galloping across the hill with the Platypus riding on the Unicorn's back.)

Pony: "Hey, is this a surprise party for me?"

Unicorn: "Looks like a bunch of confused mammals to me..."

Wolf: "Oh god not you again..."

Pony: "I remember you! Are you still angry?"

Wolf: "..."

Gerbil: "Ponies are disturbing, mostly because they are always too happy to hang around for too long."

Platypus: "That wasn't nice at all!"

Gerbil: "Did you lay that egg yet?!"

Wombat: "Everyone SHUT UP!"

(Suddenly everyone's head turns at a slight noise coming from inside the tree... It sounds almost like...)

Teddy Bear: "They followed us!"

Wolf: "Those Rabbits are quite difficult to escape."

Wombat: "YOU IDIOTS LEAD THE RABBITS INTO THE GROVE?!"

Gerbil: "Can't you just shut the door?"

Bunny: "No, because that would be too conventional."

Wombat: "Get out of here! Run!"

(The Group runs of wildly. The Unicorn, Pony, and Platypus run in one direction, the Wolf and Gerbil in another, but the Wombat, Teddy Bear, and Bunny don't move.)

Wombat: "I told you guys to run."

Teddy Bear: "I didn't see you move."

Wombat: "Ever heard of the captain going down with the ship?"

Bunny: "I plan on fighting for the Grove! There is no way all these carrots are going to waste!"

Teddy Bear: "I'm always looking for another challenge, (pulls out black ribbon and stick) this is going to be fun."

Wombat: "I guess you are right. But you do realize we don't have a chance."

Teddy Bear: "Yea."

Bunny: "Indeed."

(The Wombat smiles as the tree next to them explodes, rabbits pouring out of it like pissed off bees. The Wombat turns and whips out his .22 W&S, ready to own some noobs with his old friend the Teddy Bear...)

2 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Blogger Rene said...

hahaha best ending line ever, "Ready to own some noobs with his old friend..."

I love these stories, and even more now because, even though I know half the people the animals portray, it's getting easier to follow regardless, and it's so fun.

Well done.

 
At 3:29 AM, Blogger Mr. Kyle said...

My editing skills were slackened by the hour at which this was posted... forgive me! I shall repair it asap

 

Post a Comment

<< Home