Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Catholics, why can't God hear them? (Part 2)


Actually, this isn't a new post. I posted this on another blog a while ago to get feed back. Now lets see your ideas:

I have just thought about an interesting fact: Why do catholics have confession? I am a Lutheran from birth (Protestant) and I have always found that confession was... well... pointless. Here is my case and here is my evidence. If God hears you pray, is everywhere, and can talk to you then why do you need a priest to talk to him for you. Here is an example. You do something bad. Lets say you stole five dollars from someone. Confession would be the automatic place catholics would go right? Well, I believe that isn't the best choice. Lets figure this out togther shall we? If you were God, not to personify him, but would you rather have someone say to you directly, "God, I did something terrible..." or would you rather have some guy get in the middle saying, "Hey God, yea... you know that so and so told me to tell you that he..." Is the choice obvious to us now or do we need more proof? Ok, I'll give you some more. So you are walking along one day and beat someone up pretty bad for no reason. Your mom sees you do it and takes you to confession. Would it make you feel bad for what you did if you told some stranger that you did something bad? "Man, that priest has it in for me man..." you NEVER hear that. Now if your mom sent you to talk to God. Well, you hear about it every day. "Dude, I think God has it in for me or something..."

(I do not mean to attack any religion, I am just wondering how others feel on this subject... which is still a mystery to me...<(-.-)> can you fill me in?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home