Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Phase 6 - The Light and the Book

-So Sorry for the One Day Delay T_T I was very busy-

I was just sitting there on the cold, solid surface of a floor when something changed. I lifted my head and saw a small speck of light appear directly in front of me. It slowly grew until it was the size of a doorway. It loomed in front of me, beckoning me to find out what it was. I stood up, shielding my eyes from the brilliant rays. I moved forward, expecting anything. What was there not to expect? I had been nearly killed by my own laptop, awoke to find myself in an endless chamber of darkness, and now a door of light had suddenly appeared before me. By now, anything was possible. And I was right.
As I reached this door I saw it wasn't a door, but a doorway. I peered behind it and saw nothing but the never ending void of darkness. There was defiantly something inside the doorway however. It was lying on the ground just beyond my eyesight. It looked like... A book.
That settled any feeling of uneasiness almost instantaneously. I had to find out what a book was doing in a place like this. Could there be other people here with me, trapped in this world of darkness. Right now all I wanted was someone. Anyone would do! I wouldn't mind how handicapped or disabled they were (I tend to be queasy around people not "normal") anything would do!
I cautiously entered this new world unsure of what to do. I looked behind me to see if there was anything I had missed or left behind, not that I had, but the black void had disappeared. It was pale white. I had walked into the yin of the yang and I was about to freak out. Then I remembered why I had walked into this place, the book. And there it was sitting on the ground just as it had been. Now at my feet, I bend down and picked it up.
This was no ordinary book. It was like an encyclopedia! No, even bigger, I would say a dictionary... Of every language every known to man! It must have weight at least ten pounds without the ink. I opened to a few pages, flipping through quickly. The print was no bigger than that in a newspaper! There seemed to be a few pictures here and there but nothing special. Whoever wrote this thing obviously had no life, not that I was any better. I flipped to the cover to see the Title. It read:
Journey's Through the Mist
What a cheesy title I thought. But then I read the authors name and almost fell over.
It was me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home