Friday, March 24, 2006

Act I - O.R.I.G.I.N


Man of The Past: "You wouldn't undertstand. You know that. I know that. It's something you must do for yourself. The greatest expectations are shortlived. There is no reason for us to live on, and yet we still do. Our memories are fading but in the wake is a new chapter.

Discovering our old chapter can help us in the rewrite process. That's the way it goes. People without a past live to die. They need the experience. Our purpose is to make the past something memorable. Then we cannot fade back into fantasy again..."

Woman of Life: "The skins are colored for the weak. The order set before the people is marked into thier blood. The process of rebirth is a difficult one. No one can chose where they go. They just choose to come back... back to try again. There is no fate, destiny, pre-determined. You are. Now live."

-transition-

God: "Too bad, you wanted to go back. Don't complain. Don't even think about it. Suiside is a round trip. Idiots..."

-transition-

Child of the Innocent: "I loved that woman. Her smell, her touch, her feel, her warmth... it was all I ever loved... all I could hang on to. The journey here was horrible. It was cold, it hurt, I was poked and pintched. I screamed. I heard some of us don't scream. Lucky them..."

Mother of the Child: "That thing... I wanted to love it... but there was so much that wasn't... couldn't even be close to 'love'. The slime was covering the deformed fragment of a form, it screeched a horrible noise. The blood was everywhere. People smiled at me. They are insane. I laughed."

-transition-

Woman of Calmness: "Don't cry small one. The bogus bears and hued unicorns will soon stride proudly into your life. Enjoy the moments of peace little dear. The thoughts of the wicked are repressed within thy soul, but sealed they shall remain wee wanderer. Clouds of chromatic bubbles will beam from the frowning storms of tears, until united together you are with thy forgotten memories."

-transition-

-man enters alone carrying child crying-

Man of Melancholy: "The signals you are giving me are sounding quite like my own thoughts. Shall I get the gun for us both then?"


-Baby stops crying-


-man exits looking both directions-


Act II

Keep the pony in his pen... pony... pen...

2 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Kyle you are really getting to be a scriptwriter extraordinaire. These are so GOOD. Is this one based on real people or made up? I wonder what they would look like performed out loud. You would have to have somebody announcing each one: "WOMAN OF CALMNESS," "MAN OF MELANCHOLY", before they came on and that would be really interesting. We should get creative writing to perform your play things. ^-^ But really, they are truly good.

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Mr. Kyle said...

^^;; (goes to Act III...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home