Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Rebirth of a Dead Horse (or Cow - Which do you prefer?)


I am alive.

Well, yeah...

I wouldn't think of you to think of me as dead, considering whomever is reading this has seen/heard of me in the past month.

But to anyone else who happens to stumble upon this blog:

Hello.

I have returned for the better or worst of my writting habits.

A lot has happened since I posted last.

Heck, I can't even remember what the post was about!

I remember something about animals... Being pointless.

It was pointless, wasn't it?

Well Dr.H seemed to think so.

But so are many other things.

It was fun creating nothing. Why? Because nothing doesn't affect anyone.

The violence was entertaining, yes. That was repetition I guess. Kept the reader on thier toes or something special like that.

But I realized something the other day:

I am too busy for nothing.

I need nothing to keep me sain!!!

My dual life-style isn't a break from one or the other...

But nothing rests the mind to wander to different places.

Like Spider Solitare. GOD that game annoys me. Most 52 card deck games do, considering each is just a variation of another in some form, slightly or drasticly tweaked to give it the extra edge to wet your whistle.

I know a lot of people who like to play that game to loosen up.

What is the point in the game?

No, not the goal to victory.

The point. The objective that benefits you directly so you recieve a reward or punishment.

Well, if aggrivation and a sense of accomplishment are on the list then I must say...

Enjoy.

But really after the psychological benefits and abnormalities you may recieve from playing the game you end up with nothing.

Which is the goal.

Nothing-ness

So you can escape everything and zone-out/vegetate/don't give a damn for two minutes about the fact you need to work tomorrow to pay the bills.

Well, as I said before 52 deck card games piss me off.

So what do I do to "don't give a damn"?

Many think playing video games is a type of nothing-ness.

They either haven't played a game for more than an hour or are just ignorant.

When you play a video game, ANY video game, you are not doing 'nothing' because you are focusing. Wheither it be racing down a track, placing blocks in lines, or fighting dragons you are just giving yourself something to distract your attention from reality.

An alternate reality created to make your own seem easy.

Somehow people are more 'mature' in a sense and don't need 'T.V. Genre' things to divert thier attention.

They use alternate means.

Mine seems to be affective.

I am already feeling better.

Damn it. I contradicted myself.

Oh well, back to ...

1 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger Laura said...

yay it's a cryptic-but-not-really blog post from Kyle. :P wombat theology and the terribly amusing pictures have returned!!!! ^_^

(so, video games? *presses the X button 100000 times and wins* ^^;;;;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home